Diaton Tonometer Presented at 62nd Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS), India Unique tonometer Diaton, the only glaucoma eye pressure test over the eyelid and sclera was presented at 62nd Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS), India. With millions on people at risk for glaucoma, India now has an option for quick and painless eye exam with Diaton tonometer http://www.TonometerDiaton.com
Indian Ophthalmology is highly advanced and Ophthalmology in Delhi is vibrant and alive. Delhi has perhaps the maximum number of Ophthalmologists, the largest number of Ophthalmology training institutes and the largest number of Ophthalmology residents in the world. All subspecialities of Ophthalmology are highly developed and all surgeries-classic and recent advances are routinely performed.
Diaton tonometer is the only Non-corneal and over the eyelid tonometer on the market, the results are independent of corneal biomechanics such as corneal thickness, crookedness, other biometric properties where intraocular pressure can be obtained in patients still wearing contact lenses. In addition, non-invasive tonometry technique eliminates the risk of infecting or scratching the cornea and it does not need to be sterilized and is perfect for use in remote locations as well as for mass glaucoma screenings.
Tonometer Diaton is the solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
- Mass screening of patients.
- IOP control during clinical observation and selection of adequate hypotensive therapy for glaucoma patients.
- Serial tonometry for obtaining Diurinal curve.
- IOP can be obtained without removing contact lenses.
- IOP measuring in immobilized patients - measurement can be done sitting or supine.
- IOP measuring in children. Measurement is taken outside of the visual field. Press
- Patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, corneal pathology including keratitis, keratotone, corneal dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism.
- On patients with medicinal allergies.
- Lasik / LASEK / PRK (Diaton can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
- Diaton tonometry is a unique approach of measuring intraocular pressure without touching the surface of the eye, takes tonometry reading over the upper eyelid and over the sclera.
In an interview with Roman Iospa, Chief Executive of BiCOM said, - “Unique abilities of our Transpalpebral and scleral tonometer Diaton now allows practitioners obtain IOP without influence of biomechanical and physical characteristics of corneal tissue which may affect the accuracy of intraocular pressure applanation measurement as much as, or more than, CCT. Having the only scleral tonometer on the market surely has its advantages for us and our national and international distributors.”
More information on Diaton tonometer, including clinical trials data and demo video can be found at http://www.TonometerDiaton.com or by calling BiCOM Inc., at the Toll Free number 1-877-diatons (877-342-8667). Diaton tonometer is delivered complete with training Video/DVD describing full procedure step-by-step, battery, calibration plate, carry case in addition to the Test/Training Eye™ which is included with each unit.
About BiCOM Inc.
BiCOM, with its 19 years of tradition and global clientele, has proven to be the enterprise of the highest level of professionalism, integrity and financial solvency. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc. the right place for global talent to find support and guidance. BiCOM Inc. sees its mission in bringing to market innovative products developed and manufactured worldwide.
Diaton Tonometer is currently represented in over 60 countries and growing. More about BiCOM Inc,. at http://www.BiCOM-Ophthalmic.com 1-877-342-8667
Press Contact –
Alina Lagoviyer / Media Relations
151 East Walnut Street
Long Beach, New York 11561
Follow Diaton tonometer on: